Tuesday 14 October 2014

Smoke cloud by Sam

On a plain old peaceful night, mum was cooking dinner. I was playing my ds when I noticed a little orange light. I realised what was happening. “MUM, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE,” I cried, but it was too late. There was a thick layer of smoke and I could not believe the smell. I called the fire fighters as quick as I could. 15 minutes later the firemen arrived. The hoses made the house as wet as a person just splashed with water by an elephant. It took them almost an hour to clear away all the fire, but it felt like an eternity! Soon we were all right and I asked, “what’s for dinner mum?” We all laughed.

THE END

2 comments:

  1. Phew! What a relief that the fire did not cause any harm. You have narrated the incident very well Sam. Some lovely descriptive language and a simile too. Well done! I especially like the sense of urgency displayed by your use of all capital letters and your sense of humor when you asked for dinner after the crisis was under control. Keep writing Sam.

    Ms. Ana (Team100WC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amusing narrative Sam, which is also well written and descriptive. I agree with the reader above that the capitals demonstrate an urgency and possible shouting. Well done on the use of a simile too!

    ReplyDelete